Back to Our Organization page
Bylaws of the Fun Times Singers, Inc.
All members and private contractors must abide by the rules set forth in the Bylaws and Policies of The Fun Times Singers. Bylaw and policy changes must have a majority vote of the current membership. Votes may be taken by any means decided by the Board.
- The Fun Times Singers, Inc. is a non-profit charitable corporation 501 (c) (3). Donations are deductible to the full extent of the law. It is a Community Chorus.
- Board of Directors:
- The Executive Board shall consist of a President, V.P., Secretary and Treasurer. There will also be two to six additional directors. This will henceforth be referred to as the Board. The Directors will perform duties as determined by the Executive Board.
- The Board members may remain for up to three years in the same position. After that time, they must be replaced unless there is no suitable replacement.
- New Board members will be selected as needed on a continual basis. Board members who resign, or are deemed to be nonfunctioning, may be replaced at any time by a vote of the Board. The selection may be done by the current Board members or an appointed committee.
- Board Meetings will be held at least once during each session. Special meetings may be called by the President. All board members are required to attend unless excused by the President.
- All board members must be active members of the chorus.
- Any adult eighteen years or older may join.
- Fees may be charged to cover the expenses of music, rehearsal facility rental, contractors, and concert hall rentals. Required fees must be paid. Scholarships given at the discretion of the Board.
- Auditions will not be required in order to join, although the Director may ask each member to sing for placement in a section.
- All members are required to purchase and wear the designated costume when participating in chorus events.
- The choral director is hired by the Board as a private contractor, as are all accompanists or other personnel.
- Compensation will be determined by the Board.
- Terminating the contract of the Choral Director must be decided by the Board with the input of the entire chorus.
- Contractors will receive a minimum of 30 days notice if they are being terminated.
- Choral Director: Has artistic control over the music selection, the rehearsals and performances, with input from the Board if necessary.
- Rehearsals and Performances:
- There are three concert weekends a year (Friday and Saturday nights); A Spring Concert, a Summer Concert and a Winter Concert. Members are expected to sing in all concerts unless their absence is cleared by the Director. The dates of these performances are determined by The Board.
- Fees may be charged for entry to the concerts. These fees will be established by The Board.
- A free concert will be offered to the community once each year if possible. The recipient of this performance will be determined by the Board.
Back to Our Organization page